Friday, June 12, 2015

Continuity

Most book series focus on a single character throughout. That character is the connecting thread to the series itself. I also wanted to write a series but I am using a different tactic. Instead of a single character I have chosen to use place as the unifying thread. I have had several readers of Book 1 tell me they liked the characters and had hoped to see some of them return in another book but that is not what happens. Book 2 begins at a much later time from Book 1. All the characters of 1 have passed away and, in the meantime, the world of Pa'Kevutu has greatly changed. The connecting thread, of course, is Pa'Kevutu itself and its capital city, Yakrutich. My hope is that when you encounter the planet again in 2 that it will seem as familiar to you as any old favorite character.

No comments:

Post a Comment